Looks like I was nominated for a blogger-award! My new friend Denny, a blogging probation officer, left a super kind comment on one of my posts informing me that he had nominated me for a special blogger-award called the “Mystery Blogger Award”.
Okoto Enigma, the award’s creator, describes the award as “an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Here are the rules for those who have been nominated:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Alright, here goes nothing!
3 Things About Myself
1. Ok, so for the first thing on the list I figured I might as well say what I consider to be my ultimate goal in life. I will warn you: what I’m about to say is extremely cliché, but true nonetheless. In simple words, my goal in life is to be happy and to make others happy. My goal is simply to enjoy/appreciate existence as much as I possibly can (even when the goin’ gets tough) by doing the things that make me happy each and everyday. Much of my happiness, as I mentioned briefly in my post titled “My Search”, comes from the time I spend philosophizing. However, other sources of happiness for me are: spending time with friends and family, spending time outdoors (e.g. hiking), and filming.
2. Before I became a philosophy major, I was actually pursing a degree in cinematography & film-production in the hopes of one day becoming a respected filmmaker. Although my passion for philosophy has since infinitely outgrown my desire to pursue filmmaking full-time, I am still very passionate about filmmaking. So, I plan on making YouTube videos as a hobby while I pursue my philosophy degree. I’ve already started my channel (you can check it out here).
3. My mother loved to travel when my twin sister and I were growing up, so as a result of her wander-lust I have been lucky enough to travel to many different states and countries that most people have not had the chance to travel to. Some of my favorite places that I have traveled to so far are: Italy, Spain, Greece, France, Hawaii , England, Costa Rica, The Bahamas, El Salvador, Arkansas, Utah, New York. Finally, the places I have not yet traveled to, but am dying to go to are: New Zealand, Iceland, Australia, Alaska, somewhere in Canada, Jamaica, California (I’ve been to LA and San Fran, but I really want to go to Yosemite National Park), Bali, and lastly I’d love to go to Isabela Island (the largest of the Galapagos Islands of Ecuador) since Isabela is my full first name.
My Answers to My Nominator’s 5 Q’s
- What criteria or criterion would most motivate you to continue blogging long-term?
Perhaps if I gained a small following. I guess I’ll continue blogging until I no longer enjoy it anymore.
2. Other than blogging and generically “making a difference”, what do you most hope to accomplish during the limited length of life you’ve been granted?
My answer is basically a mix of my #1 and #2 under 3 Things About Me. I hope to become a philosophy professor one day, travel the world and make new friends, and I hope to gain at least a small following on Youtube.
3. When you started blogging, did you ever imagine that you would be, or did you begin with the goal of someday being, nominated for a Blogger award?
To be entirely honest, I didn’t even know what a blogger award was before Denny nominated me. I haven’t had this blog for very long (I think I’ve had it for 3 or 4 weeks now), so I was extremely surprised (and grateful) when I found out that Denny had nominated me for this. Thanks again!
4. As a Blogger, what are your top 3 goals? (I only have 2).
#1 Have fun
#2 Record my life-stuff/other writings here so that I can look back on them when I’m old (unless WordPress is gone by then…)
5. (Denny’s weird or funny question): WHEN intelligent life is discovered outside the Solar System, will it be MORE intelligent and advanced than humanity, or less
Good question! I have no clue. My guess is probably more advanced.
The next part of this post is supposed to be me nominating 10 other bloggers. However, since I am still so new to blogging, I can’t actually do this section because I don’t know any bloggers that haven’t already been nominated for this! So, I am just going to nominate anyone who actually reads this.
5 Questions to Anyone Who Actually Reads This:
(Most of these are going to be silly)
1. If you were only allowed one more vacation, where would you go?
2.What’s your favorite combined animal? (e.g. Napoleon Dynamite’s “Liger” or Ray Comfort & Kirk Cameron’s “Crocoduck” ;P)
3. What would you rather? Never watch movies again or never listen to music again? You MUST choose one or the other.
4. What would you rather? Have Donald Trump’s face tattooed on your arm or have an extremely embarrassing video of yourself (I’ll leave this part to your imagination) go viral on Youtube? You MUST choose one or the other.
5. What is one thing you want to do before you die?
Links to My Best Posts
I only have three posts, but my favorite one of the three is the one I already mentioned, “My Search”